I know one place I won't be living

I read an article last night online (shame on me for not remembering to save the URL) about a couple living in Manhattan in a 175 square foot apartment that they purchased for $150,000. That's ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY FIVE square feet for ONE HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS. Thought I would reiterate that.

ONE HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS. For 175 square feet. That's the size of most people's bedrooms.

And in the article, they were all happy and novel and "Oh, life is so simple in our 175 square foot apartment!" In which they didn't have room for a trash can. That they can't keep any clothes in because there isn't a closet, so they have to keep their clothes at "strategically located" dry cleaners around the city.

Did I mention that they also had two cats?

My parents bought their house in Indiana for a little over $150k. That $150k got them four bedrooms, two and half bathrooms, a formal dining room, a breakfast nook, a family room, a formal living room, a loft, a two car garage, a huge front yard and a huge back yard.

COUPLE IN MANHATTAN, PERK UP YOUR EARS. YOU SPENT $150K AND YOU GOT A CLOSET.

Living in California, I get crazy housing prices. Edgar and I have come to the sad conclusion that we'll probably never be able to buy a house here because how do you save $30k for a down payment before you're 50 years old? And I know that New York City has insane housing prices as well. BUT SERIOUSLY, PEOPLE.

That couple is insane. Congratulations on wasting $150,000. At some point your novelty fails to be novel and just becomes stupid.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment