Envious

Edgar and I attended the 33rd birthday party of his best friend Chris yesterday. During which he and his wife dropped the bomb that they are having a baby.

WHERE IS MY BABY?

They are only about four weeks along. So if Edgar and I are successful this first time out, we'll only be about a month behind them. Which would be very exciting. Edgar doesn't have any other friends that have kids, so it would be really great if he could go through the whole experience of fatherhood with another person that's been there.

I have to say, though, that when I find out, after that initial moment of shock I kind of plunged into a place of anxoiusness. Now that Edgar and I are trying for a baby, finding this out makes us more excited and impatient for us to be the people that are saying "We're having a baby."

So when we left and I gave the wife a hug I hoped that her fertile mojo would rub off on my belly. Osmosis works that way, right? Or is that only what people desperate to get knocked up think? Probably.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment