Shut up, gato

Ever since the friend that was staying with Edgar and I moved out with his cat, I think that Fiyero has been feeling lonely being in the apartment all day by himself. He's just not used to living alone anymore. When I first got him in October of 2006, I lived with roommates; pets outnumbered humans in the house, two cats and two dogs against three adults. Edgar moved in May of 2007 to finally even the score. So that was the life for Fiyero until September of 2007, when Edgar and I moved out into our own place. So the cat knows how to be alone. He had to find ways to amuse himself without the aid of others for well over a year, until December of 2008 when we had to move in with Edgar's parents.

Living with Grandma and Grandpa was a totally different experience. His dad might as well have built an altar in his honor and sacrificed mice at his feet what with all of the love and adoration that he gave that cat. His mom was home with him during the day once Edgar and I were back at work, and she would spend all day talking to him.

When we moved back out on our own in September of 2009, Fiyero had two months by himself again before our friend moved in to stay with us. Now after three months of having attention all day, he's back by himself, and HE IS PISSED. Every day when I get home he spends about ten minutes following me everywhere I go and meowing at the top of his lungs as if to say "YOU! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL DAY?! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONELY I AM WHEN I HAVE TO SLEEP ALL BY MYSELF?!" Because that's all he does during the day. Sleep. I've seen it. He spends all afternoon sleeping, regardless of whether anybody is home or not. Then he gets all riled up around 5:00, then spends the rest of the evening being all chilled out and cat-nappy, and then as soon as he sees you wash your face and pick up your toothbrush he's all THE CREEPY NEIGHBOR JUST GAVE ME CRACK AND I LIKED IT AND LET'S RUN AND PLAY AND JUMP AND MEOW!

So I don't understand why he's just so pissed off (because you can tell he's all pissed off) whenever we come home from work, because it's not like he did anything all day that required the presence of another person. If I would have been home, he would have ignored me.

I guess this is preparing me for parenthood, right?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment