Because it was just that cold

The chill is in the air, and I'm totally starting to feel it. Fall has finally arrived in Southern California.

The way that I gauge the change in temperature from one season to another is to see if it stands up to the Naked Test. I am a big proponent of nakedness while getting ready for work in the morning. When Edgar and I lived with his parents, I grumbled to myself every morning when I had to pull my robe on before leaving the bathroom post-shower. It was also daily torture when it came time to blow-dry my hair; the bathroom had no air movement and was dripping with moisture and humidity. Adding hot air on top of that closed door was like standing in an oven while I collected gallons upon gallons of boob sweat.

This isn't to say that I'm a Pro-Naked All The Time kind of person. You should definitely be wearing clothes at the grocery store. Certainly while cooking with oil. Probably when you go to the bank. Just not when you're getting ready for work in the privacy of your own home. This is probably the reason why I snagged myself a husband. I'm not saying this is the only reason why he loves me, just that it most likely didn't hurt, either.

Anyways, back to the signs of fall. You can tell fall is here because I was actually cold enough to voluntarily put my robe on this morning once I had gotten out of the shower. I didn't stay that way, but I certainly needed it in order to warm up. I was cold! Some people might be saying "Shut up, you live in Southern California, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT COLD IS." And to them I say, No, you shut up. I grew up in the Midwest and am intimately familiar with snow and ice and frigid nights and heating blankets and that one time when the gas heater broke in your old apartment during a cold snap and you had to sleep under eight blankets WITH YOUR SOCKS ON. And any man that has ever shared a bed with me would say "Wow, she really must have been cold, because she totally doesn't play around about sleeping with socks on." You can ask Edgar, he hasn't been allowed to sleep with his socks on since we moved in together.

But Edgar is mainly the reason behind it always being so damn cold. He is the most warm blooded person that I've ever met. He's hot all the time, and no, not just in that My Husband Is So Hot And Sexy type of way (which he totally is, for your information). I remember when we first started dating that I thought it was so cute because the first time he held my hand, his palm was sweaty. No, turns out the restaurant we had just left had their thermostat set at ABOVE 32 DEGREES. And because of this constant state of hotness, if we do not have the AC turned on then every window in the house is open. No matter what time of year or time of day. This includes the big sliding glass door in our bedroom. All of this translates to waking up to some very chilly mornings and have to walk around with the cat strapped to my feet to provide me with some warmth.

This was one of those mornings. I was hesitant to take my clothes off to even get in the shower in the first place. Once I was in there, I didn't want to raise my arms up to start washing my hair, because if I did that they would be out from under the protective stream of hot water. Once I was done, I didn't want to open the shower curtain because I knew that I would be inundated with all of that cold air that was just lurking out there in the rest of the bathroom waiting for me. I even was looking forward to turning the blow dryer on because that would mean warm air. Crazy, I know.

And no, the simple solution of just closing the damn windows is no solution at all, because if I did that THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD WOULD END. You really haven't lived until you've heard a grown man whine "But I'm hooooooooooott!"

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment