It's Here!

My Chinese-American laptop-baby made it out of customs!!

When I was walking back to the apartment from the parking garage after work, I was stopped at the corner waiting for the light to change. I saw a couple knock on the door of the leasing office and one of the leasing consultants opened the door and let them in. I pretty much flat out ran through traffic to get to that door. "I have a package!" That probably sounded kind of bad.

Anyways, I lucked out that one of the leasing consultants was working later than normal and she was more than happy to turn over my new baby to me. IT'S BEAUTIFUL!! I immediately ran up to my apartment and ripped open the packaging and, oh, I'm just so happy! It's shiny and smooth and black and sleek and feels like a little piece of heaven under my fingers.

So I sit here now, writing this post, on a computer that is wireless! My old crappy firstborn laptop that I have promptly abandoned for my newly adopted foreign laptop-baby had a wireless card and all that, but the computer ran so slow that I didn't even bother hooking the wireless router up when we moved because I knew it would just run even slower. Plus the fact the battery life on the old computer only lasted about a half hour, so it wasn't even worth it to move away from the outlet. But now, NOW, I'm sitting here, not plugged in to an outlet or a modem or anything at all EXCEPT MY THOUGHTS. I actually feel like a real blogger now. As real as a blogger can feel when no one actually reads her blog. Hello? Is anybody there? I DON'T REALLY CARE RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I HAVE MY NEW COMPUTER!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment