With Friends Like Her

This is an official shout out. The first shout out on my blog. I really wish there was something else to call it other than a shout out.

My official first shout out on my blog goes to the wonderful, the lovely, the ridiculously cute little blonde with good skin and an impeccable taste for shoes and bags, my wonderful friend Jessica. Who was also my maid of honor one year ago yesterday. Boo-yah.

Jessica receives the first official shout out on my blog because she was the first person to leave a comment. THIS IS WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR.

Jessica is my Bia. She is Bia J, specifically. Bia A would be me. I'm not really sure when we even started calling each other "Bia," but I'm pretty sure that it was like 10 years ago when there was this rap song called "Bia Bia" and it was HILARIOUS, especially for two white girls from the suburbs. And thus, the nickname stuck, and it's still awesome after all this time.

Jessica and I met during our freshman year in high school. She was new to school, and during second period choir the teacher sat her next to me. And, lo and behold, we had accelerated English together third period! A friendship was born. Bia, do you realize that that was 11 years ago???? The Disney Channel hadn't even heard of Miley Cyrus at that time, a time when the world was a much more peaceful place without her nasty, grating, fingernails-on-a-chalkboard voice. Dear Lord, we are getting so old.

Anyways, Jessica and I bonded over general boy craziness and the fact that we were just so much cooler than anybody else. Because we were. Say what you will. And we both loved the movie The Kid with Bruce Willis because of that fat kid when he says "Well, I came back for my plane, but then I saw the popcorn......". She also helped me roll my long hair into about 10-bazillion perm rollers on the Friday nights before our showchoir competitions so that I could have curly hair, because showchoir was ALL about the curly hair. Yes, we were in showchoir. Like I said, we were cooler than everybody else. She was also my partner in crime when I cut off all of said curly hair. And the conversations about sex and boys....I think that the entire last half of our junior year up through graduation was one endless slumber-party conversation.

After graduation, Jessica went off to Purdue and I ended up at Eastern Kentucky University. Yes, I intentionally went to Kentucky. But I realized the error of my ways and went back to Indianapolis to finish up my degree. And once we were in the real world post-college life I had to fuck it all up by moving away from all of my friends to California. What kind of a person am I?!

P.S: Jessica cried during Finding Nemo when Nemo's mom dies.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Bia J said...

eff you. I bet a LOT of people cried.



but thanks for devoting a blog to me. :) Bc of you, I want to start my own blog. ask my roomie, Lindsey. I told her about it. :)

But eff you still, Bia.

Post a Comment