It's Just Melting Off

I have to say that I'm very proud of me. I actually ran a mile yesterday. One day after nearly dying after a 5 minute trot I was able to suck it up and do it. I feel lighter already.

It wasn't easy. When I get to 6 minutes I felt like stopping, so I had to play mind games with myself. "Ok, Amanda, you made it to six. Just do one more minute." And when that minute had passed, "Ok, Amanda, you've got seven down, just do one more." Eventually until I got through 12 minutes and my mile.

According to my husband Edgar, this is supposed to actually be a good thing. I consider a 12 minute mile to be particularly slow, but he used to be an athlete when he was younger and he is a (former) runner, so I'll take his word for it.

I'm going to see today if I can get myself to a mile and a quarter. No guarantees though.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment